I almost made it to bed this evening at a reasonable time but then I made the mistake of checking Blogger, which I haven't done in a couple of days. Once I start reading blogs, I am pretty much lost for the next hour or so. Well wouldn't you know it, I came across a post that just made me have to write my own. You know what I mean, I am sure it has happened to most of us sewing bloggers. If it doesn't make you want to write it probably makes you want to go and create something regardless of how late it is or how tired you are.
Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing has and interesting post about what is on her sewing bucket list that I found quite interesting. To tell you the truth, this is something that I have put quite a bit of thought of my own into for the last few years since watching the movie The Bucket List. Not surprisingly a lot of my goals are on her list too. Now I am only going to post the ones that I have yet to accomplish but with every stitch I make I am one step closer to all of them.
1. Shop the Garment District in NYC. More specifically Mood.
2. Shop the flagship Vogue Fabrics in Evanston, IL. I have been to one of the other stores but I want to go to the Vogue mecca!
3. Audition, a second time, for Project Runway and make it on the show.
4. Attend NYC Fashion Week. I would love to see Anna Sui or Betsey Johnson.
5. Shop the Fashion District in LA.
6. Attend the Sewing and Stichery Expo in Puyallup, WA.
7. Write a craft/sewing book. Writing this blog is helping me to come up with ideas for a book.
8. Teach my future daughter to sew. Step one: The Adoption Project.
9. Go to Rome and buy some fantastic suiting material.
10. Get my Masters in Apparel Design.
11. Teach sewing/design at either the college level or at a sewing shop.
12. Have a costume shop at both the Ohio Renaissance Festival and the Old West Festival.
Does anyone else have a sewing bucket list? If so, what is on yours?