I think I am going to participate in the Fall Essentials Sew-Along 2011. There are several different categories. I will not be making stuff from every category but I will get through most of them. I also added an additional category. Here is my plan:
Chic Chemises for Cool Climates
Blouses, tops, vests, cardigans, and sweaters! These wardrobe essentials can carry you from day to night, not to mention provide necessary layering to keep out the chill.
1. McCall's 6401shirt in the blue/creamy/copper plaid
2. Simplicity 2262 cardigan in a yellow knit
3. Simplicity 0595 jacket in a blue wool with cream lining and flower button
4. Simplicity 2369 shirt in brown cotton lycra knit
Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather
Trousers, skirts, legwarmers and more! Anything that keeps your lower portion fashionably cozy fits perfectly here! The chilly weather necessitates the donning of bifurcated bottoms and sassy skirts!
1. McCall's 6403 shorts in brown and aqua plaid
2. Butterick 5391 wide leg pants in brown and aqua plaid
3. McCall's 5142 UFO denim jeans
Dresses of all styles; mini, short, or long! Keep yourself warm in your modish designs, layering with tights and boots!
Nothing for this category but if I have time and want to I may work on a UFO winter party dress I have.
Underneath It All
When you're spending months covered from the neck down, a glamorous underpinning of your choice adds a secret, luxurious touch that chases the cold away!
I am not making anything from this category yet.
Let's not forget your frosty feet! Socks, slippers and the like are the order of the day. Keep those tootsies warm and dry!
I am not making anything from this category either.
Those Cozy Nights
Is there anything better than snuggling up in a cozy pair of pajamas with a hot drink and a book whilst Jack Frost works his magic outside? I think not! Sleepwear of all types are the way to go here!
I do want to make a flannel pj set. I have the pattern for it but I am waiting until the Black Friday sale at Jo-Ann's to get the fabric.
Baby It's Cold Outside
Coats, hats, and mittens donned to keep the cold at bay, especially when out enjoying the spectacular fall colors!
1. Butterick 5145 coat in black, white and silver plaid with pink shimmery lining.
2. Knitted scarf possibly in dark purple yarn but I have not decided yet.
3. Knitted fingerless gloves in matching yarn as scarf.
My additional category is for Eric. I want to add quite a few pieces to his work wardrobe for fall that will also work year round for him.
1. Simplicity 2870 vest in black with blue pinstripe
2. Simplicity 7030 dress shirt in kelly green broadcloth
3. McCall's 2447 tie in black Asian brocade
4. Simplicity 2870 vest in vintage gray wool
5. Vogue 2836 pants in vintage gray wool
All in all that is 15 pieces in an 8 week time frame. The chances of me completing that are pretty darn slim! I really want these projects to take me all the way until spring as I will be able to wear most of them then too. I think I am going to get myself started by tackling the most time consuming project first, the new coat. I just have to get buttons and a light colored cotton for the underlining. What's great about my chosen projects is that all the fabrics, with the exception of the pj set and underling for the coat, will be coming from my stash. That should help me burn through quite a bit of my stash.