I promise I have not fallen off the face of the Earth. I know it has been awhile since I last posted. Honestly, I don't have anything sewing wise to write about. That makes me pretty sad! I just have not been sewing much. I have 2 dresses that I have made muslins for. I will be doing fittings for those at the end of this week, so I will get those finished sometime in June. I have a set of felt fruit and vegetables to sew for my nephew's birthday in a couple of weeks. I also need to make myself a couple of new pieces since I have lost 11lbs and my current wardrobe is on the big side. Not to mention that quilt that I have been working on for a YEAR!!! With all that you would think I was sewing up a storm, but I just can't find the motivation. All my motivation and creativity is being used up by the house we are buying. We have to close by June 30th for the awesome tax credit! We should make that, but right now we are getting repair estimates for many neglected items. I have stacks of paint samples, appliance magazines and do it yourself repair books! We have some grand ideas about what we want to accomplish.
One of them includes the exterior. I know it is hard to see in this picture, as it was taken on my camera phone, but the siding is a dark beige color with Burgundy shutters and a mauve-ish red door. You will also notice the lighter cream color, which is stucco with brown wood trim. There is much much more stucco than what is pictured here. It is kind of a hodge podge. I am not a fan of the combination of stucco and siding, neither is DH. We won't have the budget to fix this right away, it is in the plans. As a temporary fix, we are going to try to paint the stucco a color that will blend a little better with the siding. We also want to remodel the kitchen, which is painted stop sign red and has very 1960's counters and cabinets, and remodel the upstairs bathroom, which has no overhead shower plumbing and all fixtures (bathtub, toilet and sink) are 1960's olive green. These are also not in the immediate budget. The immediate fixes include replacing the 23 year old water heater, replacing the broken furnace, replacing the sagging leaking roof, and fixing the crazy electrical work (i.e. live exposed wires under a leaking sink. Smart right?) Now you may be wondering why in the heck we bought this place! I know I have been wondering that a few times after the full inspection came back. We knew a good majority of this before we made the offer, but it was to good of a deal to place up. It was up for $62,000 and last appraised at $111,000, I believe. It is over 2,000 square feet and gives us each our own space as well as an extra bedroom. It is within the school district we want to send our future children too. Because of all this we plan on staying there for quite awhile. And as you know I am a big believer in DIY! We wanted something we could fix up and customize ourselves and that is exactly what we are getting. We now just have to finish the final underwriting and appraisal and we can get started! So, until the end of next month I may be a little sparse with my postings, but I promise I will return with all sorts of before and after pictures.