Sunday, April 25, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
This was the first attempt on Thursday!
As you can tell from the above photos the first attempt at dressing Paul did not go so well. It was basically like a neck scarf. "That's OK," I said. "I can it redone by tomorrow." Really? Really? What was I thinking?
Monday, April 5, 2010
I also made the shirt, using Simplicity 3887, that I would be tie-dying for it. I used 3.25 yards from my stash for the shirt. Go me!
Tonight I just sewed the vest for the hippie costume. It took me all of 20 minutes from start to finish. I used Butterick 4989 for this one. I think it compliments the whole costume well.
While doing all of this I discovered the show Weeds on my Netflix instant watch. It is a show that I have been told to watch numerous times. If you don't know, it's about a recently widowed mother who makes a living by dealing pot in the burbs of California. So now, that my pseudo hippie weekend is over, it's time to get back to being normal, maybe.
Friday, April 2, 2010
I am so excited that April is finally here. Two of my best friends are going to be having a baby at the beginning of this month. I cannot wait!!! It is finally getting warmer here in Indiana! My peep toe heels can come back out!!! It's warm enough for me to want to go back outside and walk a lot!! I also feel like sewing a lot more! There are so many pieces I want to make for spring and summer. Which is why I had planned my SWAP with a summer theme. Sadly, I will not be finishing my SWAP in time to enter it in the actual contest, but I will get it finished this summer. I am working on quite a few costumes this month. Pictures of all of these will follow, but I am putting the finishing touches on a costume for this large Paul Bunyan statue. When I say large I mean that I am 5'8" and I only go up to his knees. It is a 60's themed poncho with head band and leg band that is to help advertise a 60's themed prom. I have hand painted everything for it. I think it will look fantastic on him. I am also making 60's themed costumes for myself and Kat, who is a really good friend that is helping to plan the 60's prom event. She is helping me so much to get my costuming business off the ground and I will forever be grateful to her. Anyway that is just a taste of what I will be up to this April.
Now on to the March review!
I haven't done much for March. I have sewn 1 costume. Just one. It was a 20's flapper themed dress for Kat to wear to a murder mystery dinner. I think it turned out fantastic. Her and I are going to have to schedule a photo shoot so I can get pictures of it and the 60's costume I am doing for her.
I have also sewn the poncho for Paul Bunyan, so I guess I made 2 costumes. I just haven't finished painting it and it isn't going up until sometime this next week.
I have used a total of 12 yards of fabric this month, while only managing to purchase 8 yards. All 8 of those yards were burlap for the poncho. 3 yards for the flapper dress and 1 yard for inserts on a pair of jeans for the 60's costume.
I have been working on knitting 1 scarf all month long and I still haven't finished it. Blah! I am only doing it at work since I want to work on the double ring quilt while I am at home.