Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
This is part of what I completed. They are the first 3 finished rings. I have all of the top of the first row done. The finished quilt will end up being 8rings across and 9 down. It will be 90" x 101".
We also went to Jo-Ann's to get the batting and the backing. We got a natural cotton batting, which to me just seems to be the way to go. They have polyester batting but they don't seem as warm or durable. Plus the cotton batting was only like a $1 more a yard than the polyester. The backing is the same print as the green rings of the quilt. We still need to get binding though.
I may have also picked up a couple of remnants. The top is a deep, rich purple knit and the second is from their Cosmopolitan collection they have out this spring. Remnants were 50% of the remnant price, so I got a very good deal on them. They were each under $3.00 and are both just over .75 yds. I will at least be able to get a top out of each.
We did also take a indulgence break and go to the new location for Concannon's Pastries. They have the best cream filled long johns ever!! At their new location they even have chocolates and ice cream. Their rainbow popcorn has always been one of my favorites too. Next time Bri and I are sewing together we will take another trip there with my camera that way you can see how great it really is!
When we got back from our adventure I continued sewing and Bri started work on her very first sewing project. She is making this cute apron with a semi-vintage like mushroom print fabric. It should be pretty darn cute when she gets done.
Ok, back to work I go!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
I made dress A for a wedding I attended last month. This is McCall's pattern M5137. I used the fabrics pictured above. The only thing I changed about the pattern is that I added a lining using the brown cotton.